And that’s a wrap!
And… with the conclusion of the AOCRA Marathon National Titles in Mooloolaba on Saturday 18 May, the Pacific Dragons officially completes its local racing season. Here’s how we did recently:
AusDBF Australian Dragon Boat National Titles
- Premier Women 20s – 5th 200m, 4th 500m, 3rd 2000m
- Premier Open 10s – 3rd 200m, 2nd 500m, 4th 2000m
- Premier Mixed 20s – Semi Finalists 200m and 500m, 3rd 2000m
And our novice paddlers gained great experience in the Premier Mixed 10s category.
AOCRA NSW State Titles
- Open Men long course – 4th
- Open Women long course – 2nd
- Open Women short course – 1st and 2nd
- Open Men short course – 2nd
- Open Women ultra-short course – 2nd
Plus some of our girls who claimed a 2nd place as part of a combined-club crew.
AOCRA Marathon National Titles
- Open Women long course – 3rd
Well done all!
For those who are thinking, how can I be part of this? Well, we’re still on the water, though of course our programme has changed, with a mixture of off-season paddling, and some race training for those of us competing at The Gorge Race and The Gorge Downwind Champs, in Stevenson, Oregon US, in July. We have warm day-time weather for at least another month, and the water stays warm for another month after that, so why not come try paddling with us? Talk to our recruitment officer, Cassy and we look forward to welcoming you at a training session soon!